Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Hey look, a representative with a bad memory

Let me start out by saying that if you've never heard of THOMAS (the congressional record online), you should check it out. I found my first self-researched inconsistency with something a public figure has said (albeit, a small one). I remembered that the house and senate had both passed bills to support a war in Iraq overwhelmimgly, so I looked until I found this. Waters' was one of 11 "nay" votes, against 392 "yeas".

Seems a pretty stark contrast to her statement that "we have been asked for $87 billion to continue this war that was a preemptive strike that most of us, or many of us, did not agree with.". Don't take my word for it, though...read it for yourself.

I bet there's some really interesting stuff in there...

No comments: