Monday, December 29, 2003

Christopher Hitchens said:

(click here for some back-and-forth about this article.)

"Watching the towers fall in New York, with civilians incinerated on the planes and in the buildings, I felt something that I couldn’t analyze at first and didn’t fully grasp (partly because I was far from my family in Washington, who had a very grueling day) until the day itself was nearly over. I am only slightly embarrassed to tell you that this was a feeling of exhilaration. Here we are then, I was thinking, in a war to the finish between everything I love and everything I hate. Fine. We will win and they will lose. A pity that we let them pick the time and place of the challenge, but we can and we will make up for that."

To which I have to say "I doubt it." (here is why...note the article's date and content).

***note*** Credit for this tidbit goes to GMontag

No comments: